Subject: Need of ruby and Scripting language
	Date: Thu 15 Nov 12 07:44:51PM +0900

Quoting NagaLakshmi _N (lists / ruby-forum.com):

>  need to know what is the exact need of ruby,

In which sense? If you mean material needs, a PC plus an operating
system (I suggest Linux) is all you need in order to start.

> what
> is the difference between ruby and other languages

Many books could be filled on this topic. For the people who
contribute to this list, Ruby is a bit better suited to solving
problems (those problems that can be solved with the help of a
computer) while allowing programmers to keep their marbles.

> and Why we have to
> use a scripting language?

To define Ruby a scripting language is decidedly reductive. Ruby is an
interpreted language that adapts to simple scripts as well as to large
projects.

Is the question: why do we use an interpreted language instead of a
compiled language? Well, with modern hardware, common tasks will not
be notably slower when using a good interpreted language. And Ruby is
neater to program and to debug.

Carlo