Subject: Python or RUBY?
	Date: Tue 13 Nov 12 07:41:25AM +0900

Quoting Radu M. (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> Hi.What do you think is easier?
> Python or RUBY?
> I'm a kid.

It is not such a good approach to ask which one is easier. If you
really wish to learn to solve problems with computer programs, you
should keep in mind that programming is *not* easy. It is an
interesting way to use your brain, and eventually you may end up
finding people who pay you for that. But it is not easy.

I believe the Ruby approach makes the hike more pleasurable, but climb
you must.

A well-known quote from Matz:

> Instead of emphasizing the what, I want to emphasize the how part:
> how we feel while programming. That's Ruby's main difference from
> other language designs. I emphasize the feeling, in particular, how
> I feel using Ruby. I didn't work hard to make Ruby perfect for
> everyone, because you feel differently from me. No language can be
> perfect for everyone. I tried to make Ruby perfect for me, but maybe
> it's not perfect for you. The perfect language for Guido van Rossum
> is probably Python.

One of the advantages of being a kid now is that you have access to
these vast tinkering platforms. I had the ZX80 and basic, and they did
not come for free...

Carlo