--Sig_/V=KY.kRKoF.Qc3RVrZt9S_U

Am Mon, 12 Nov 2012 04:58:09 +0900
schrieb Daniela Robles <daniela.robles15 / gmail.com>:

> Hi all,

Hi Daniela,

> Ruby no longer comes together with SciTE, so I had to download the
> SciTE text editor separately. However, I find that Ruby and ScITE do
> not work together. The command line in Ruby won't run or find any
> programs that I create with the text editor. How do I get them to
> work together? Or how do I get Ruby to find and locate programs and
> scripts I write with SciTE?

In order to run scripts, SciTE executes Ruby as an external process.
The exact command it uses is defined in the ruby.properties file (click
"Options" -> "Edit properties" -> "ruby.properties") via the
configuration option "command.go.*.rb". This option is automatically
set depending on your platform (i.e. the PLAT_WIN block is used for
Windows, PLAT_MAC for Mac OS, ...). Assuming you=E2=80=99re using Windows, =
the
default command that comes with SciTE looks like this:

	command.go.*.rb=3Druby $(FileNameExt)

$(FileNamExt) is replaced by the full absolute path to the file
currently being edited. Note this command makes two non-trivial
assumptions:

1. The "ruby" program must be somewhere in your PATH. If you used the
   RubyInstaller, it probably is. If it isn=E2=80=99t SciTE will report
   some command-not-found error.
2. The file you=E2=80=99re editing is in a directory whose path doesn=E2=80=
=99t contain
   spaces. $(FileNameExt) doesn=E2=80=99t take care of escaping spaces, and=
 they
   are then interpreted by CMD when SciTE executes that command,
   stashing the command to rubbish. This is especially an issue on
   Windows XP where the default user=E2=80=99s home directory contains alre=
ady
   spaces as it=E2=80=99s located under "C:\Documents and Settings".

To resolve 1) if not already, you must add the bin/ directory of your
Ruby installation to your PATH variable. To resolve 2), simply change
the above configuration option to this:

	command.go.*.rb=3Druby "$(FileNameExt)"

Quoting the filename will prevent CMD from interpreting the spaces in
the filename and make it take it as a whole and pass it on to Ruby as a
single argument as Ruby expects it.

Of course you could also just skip 2) and use ruby directly from the
command prompt.

> FYI, I'm a programming newbie.
>=20
> -Dani