On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Jarmo Pertman <jarmo.p / gmail.com> wrote:
> I hoped that #7158 would boost everything even more than pretty old tcs
> build :( It still takes ~7 seconds to `rake -T`.

As I said before: it wouldn't. TheCodeShop included Fenix patches
which are what got integrated in #7158.

You're waiting for a miracle that is not possible.

You need to reduce the number of File.expand_path that you're doing in
your Rakefiles, that will help.

What #7158 does is improve require itself, not File.expand_path.

If File.expand_path is done a lot, there is nothing that #7158 can do to he=
lp.

> It takes about 20 though on previous versions. I guess i just don't have =
too
> capable laptop :) But still, i'm hoping for the best!

From 20 seconds to 7 and you complain? oh dear, you're a really hard
customer :-P

> Anyway, thank you for that nice surprise, at least it is now mainstream t=
> get yourself a faster Ruby :)

You're welcome I guess, I had a sense you're complaining about this :-(
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-