unknown wrote in post #1083921:
> Am 11.11.2012 00:18, schrieb Carlos Agarie:
>> And buy a good book on Ruby - I recommend Eloquent Ruby. It might sound
>> strange, because there's so many stuff on the net, but a well-written
>> book can help you learn lots of stuff in a good order with minimal pain.
>
> It's a great book, but maybe rather not for a "complete newbie",
> because it requires some basic understanding of Ruby.
>
> To someone who has never done any programming before I like to
> recommend Chris Pine's tutorial or better book (the book provides
> two sets of possible solutions, one that uses only concepts and
> syntax elements that have already been discussed, and one that
> presents a somewhat more advanced/elegant approach).

 Agree, I was also a newbie like Carlos, what awake me the passion for
Ruby was Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby, is a free book, you can find it
in .pdf and my though is that it's for newbies, it teachs you the basics
of Ruby from the void and going slowly and slowly incrementing the
difficult, teaching you some skills, the book is told as a story so it's
pretty enjoyable. I also read Chris Pine's book it's pretty good.