I am trying to create an http post request that sends a series of
parameters and then 512 bytes of hex data in the body.

I think the post needs to be formatted something like this:
http://url/set.cgi?dst=RES&type=11&id=1&`512 bytes here`

I can get the parameters set properly and make the call to the server:

params = {'dst' => 'RES', 'id' => '1', 'type' => "11"}
uri = URI('http://url:8081/set.cgi')
res = Net::HTTP.post_form(uri, params)

But I can't seem to add on the hex values.

Does anyone have some suggestions? It seems like I may need to go lower
level than the ruby post. It seems to want to map all the parameters so
I can't pass it a basic string.

Here's some code that works in objective-C. I'm not that familiar with
objective-C but it looks to me like the body contains the parameters and
the hex data and the ruby map function is throwing me off.

- (void)sendURL:(NSURL *)url postData:(NSData *)postData
replyType:(NSInteger)replyType target:(id)target userInfo:(id)userInfo
{
  NSMutableURLRequest *request = [NSMutableURLRequest requestWithURL:url
                               cachePolicy:NSURLRequestReloadIgnoringLocalAndRemoteCacheData
                             timeoutInterval:REQUEST_TIMEOUT_INTERVAL];

  if (postData) {
    [request setHTTPMethod:@"POST"];
    [request setHTTPBody:postData];
  }