Hi! I'm quite new to Ruby, and am quite confused about instance names.

I am in the middle of writing an app that has a good number of
configuration files, and I'd like to write:

basic_config = MySettings.new # Picks up & processes basic_config.yml
adv_config = MySettings.new   # Picks up & processes adv_config.yml

I'm using SettingsLogic to the hard work, so MySettings looks a bit like
this:

class MySettings < SettingsLogic
  source instance.name # For example

  # Do some other stuff
end

I tried my_class.name; that returns a "Method not defined" error" (I'm
using 1.9.3p194)

What I'd really like to avoid is:

basic_config = MySettings.new(basic_config).

As far as I can tell, what I want to do isn't possible. I did ask on
StackOverflow and Boris was a great help, but his code requires a :name
=> some_name flag. So I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone can help
me! Can I do what I want to do?

Thanks in advance!
Carolyn