Hey Carlos (same name as me :),

Sublime Text 2 should be pretty easy for you to learn. Google it and try
for some time.

Also, I recommend learning a bit more about how to use Terminal (nothing
fancy, just the basic commands), there should be plenty of tutorials on the
Internet.

And buy a good book on Ruby - I recommend Eloquent Ruby. It might sound
strange, because there's so many stuff on the net, but a well-written book
can help you learn lots of stuff in a good order with minimal pain.

Good luck!

-----
Carlos Agarie
Control engineering student