On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM, 7stud -- <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> How come when I look at the docs, there isn't a list of methods that I can call on URI?

URI is big. as if now, we'll have to dig down further.

$ ri URI | grep "* URI::"
* URI::Generic (in uri/generic.rb)
  * URI::FTP - (in uri/ftp.rb)
  * URI::HTTP - (in uri/http.rb)
    * URI::HTTPS - (in uri/https.rb)
  * URI::LDAP - (in uri/ldap.rb)
    * URI::LDAPS - (in uri/ldaps.rb)
  * URI::MailTo - (in uri/mailto.rb)
* URI::Parser - (in uri/common.rb)
* URI::REGEXP - (in uri/common.rb)
  * URI::REGEXP::PATTERN - (in uri/common.rb)
* URI::Util - (in uri/common.rb)
* URI::Escape - (in uri/common.rb)
* URI::Error - (in uri/common.rb)
  * URI::InvalidURIError - (in uri/common.rb)
  * URI::InvalidComponentError - (in uri/common.rb)
  * URI::BadURIError - (in uri/common.rb)

you can creat a tiny script to drill down on those.. or you can use
html ruby-doc wc has clickable links of the above..

ri isn't perfect like all other docs, but i guess you already knew that  ;- )

best regards
-botp