Subject: Re: Display Text as Image
	Date: Tue 06 Nov 12 05:51:21AM +0900

Quoting Adriana Mikolaskova (lists / ruby-forum.com):

> your code worked fine for me, just one little problem occured.
> When there are no linebreaks in the text, all the text is displayed on
> one line (that means invisible).
>
> I found different solutions, just wanted to ask here: is it really
> necassary to figure out, how many characters a image-with can hold and
> insert the line-breaks in the text? Or did I miss some easier method for
> inserting line-breaks at the end of the image-width?

From what I know, no. Note that, for fonts that are not monospaced, it
is not simply a question of how many characters, because glyphs may
have different widths.

You can split your phrase in words, add one word at a time, measure
the width (with get_multiline_type_metrics) and insert a newline
before the word that would overflow. Not very difficult, but as far as
I know there is nothing pre-made in Magick.

Carlo