Bartosz Dziewoski wrote in post #1082544:
> 2012/11/2 Brian Candler <lists / ruby-forum.com>:
>> Bartosz Dziewoski wrote in post #1082535:
>>> You don't set the pdffile variable anywhere.
>>
>> ?
>>
>> He sets it to ARGV[0]. Perhaps he ran the script without providing an
>> argument?
>
> Ugh, that's right, sorry. I don't know why I missed it; perhaps I
> should try reading more carefully :/
>
> -- Matma Rex

Thanks for your responses. I defined the variable with the ARGV, correct. I'm globbing PDFs just to see if there are any PDFs. If there aren't any, then, I exit the script. This script only works on PDFs, in that folder. I run this script, along with many, many other scripts like it, with a scheduling utility called ActiveBatch. I've told that scheduling utility to fire this script when there's one PDF, at least, in the folder. So, yes, the ARGV[0] stands for the one file at a time way of executing against one or more PDF files. Thanks.