new to ruby, love the language. read programmatic programmers guide to
get started and i understand the basics of ruby language. im just
starting to learn gems, ive played with mysql, crypt, and now mechanize.
I have yet to write a successful program with any of the gems but im
hooked on mechanize. ok so here is what im trying to do...
i am a student in itt tech online course. to get credit for attendance i
have to send emails everyday through the webpage. so i thought "yesss!!!
i can write a program using mechanize to do this for me."
First question: is that even possible?

next i can get to the webpage and can print the forms but dont know how
to fill it out to submit it. here is my code and what i see when
executed:

#THIS IS MY CODE
require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

agent = Mechanize.new
page = agent.get('http://www.distance-education.itt-tech.edu/')

form = page.forms.each do |form|
  pp form
#THIS IS WHAT IS PRINTED OUT
#<Mechanize::Form
 {name "loginForm"}
 {method "POST"}
 {action "javascript:exit('/online/valdoc/cliksIndep_prcsslogin')"}
 {fields
  [hidden:0x1a09478 type: hidden name: fbcorporateid value: 2222]
  [hidden:0x1a093a0 type: hidden name: fbautologin value: 0]
  [hidden:0x1a092d4 type: hidden name: fbloginhome value: ITT]
  [hidden:0x1a09208 type: hidden name: fbGrade value: null]
  [hidden:0x1a0913c type: hidden name: afbTestID value: null]
  [hidden:0x1a09070 type: hidden name: fbPrgLnchId value: null]
  [hidden:0x1a08fa4 type: hidden name: fbuid value: null]}
 {radiobuttons}
 {checkboxes}
 {file_uploads}
 {buttons [imagebutton:0x1a08ef0 type: image name: Login value: ]}>
-ok so i see the form, but i dont know which one i would put my user
name and password into.
-Also i use firebug to see the names of the text-fields on the actual
web page and their "names" are not in the list of fields that are
printed out.

-so my next question is how do i fill out the username and password
fields and click the submit button to get to the next page? id like to
figure it out by myself but i have not been having much luck. any help
is appreciated thank you!