Stefano Crocco wrote in post #1082269:
> Also note that your regexp won't work as you expected. To match a
> character
> other than those included in a list, you need to put a ^ at the
> beginning of
> the list:
>   if c =~ /[^aeiou]/

This matches *any* character that's not a vowel, for example digits or
special chars $, !, %, ... or whitespace etc.

If you want consonants, you either have to explictly write them down
(like I did in the previous post) or use the intersection of all
alphabetic characters [a-z] with the non-vowels [^aeiou]:

consonants = /[a-z&&[^aeiou]]/i

But since this syntax isn't well-known, I'd probably just write down the
characters.