Subject: Re: bug?: local variable created in if modifier not available in modified expression
	Date: Thu 01 Nov 12 12:48:58AM +0900

Quoting Robert Klemme (shortcutter / googlemail.com):

> With an "if" it's never necessary.  And I do not think it makes a
> difference performance wise.

Having spent my good share of debugging time, I want to add that it
happens to me more often than I would like to forget one of the two =
in equality tests. I am infinitely grateful to any mechanism that
warns me of single equals in ifs; mistaken single ='s in ifs are hard
bugs to catch.

Carlo