Hello,

Windows specific issue here, don't waste your time more if you're U*x.

I am starting to use inf-ruby.el to run Ruby program from within emacs.
Its great. However I have a problem with the ruby-load-file function.
Whenever I invoke it, I get an error msg in the *ruby* buffer:
irb(main):001:0> LoadError: No such file to load -- C:hometest.rb
         from (irb):1:in `load'
         from (irb):1
nota: should load C:\home\test.rb, not C:hometest.rb

I had a look at inf-ruby.el and I suspect that the problem is about the
following code removing \ fileseps:
   (comint-send-string (ruby-proc) (concat "(load \""
                                             file-name
What is the elisp function to escape all \ into \\ in a string ?

Yours,

Jean-Hugues

Web:  http://hdl.handle.net/1030.37/1.1
Phone: +33 (0) 4 92 27 74 17