On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Pierre J. <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys.
> Unfortunately extracting ps from its context would be really
> complicated. It is a hash of nested AR objects. I tried to reproduce
> with simpler objects but it did not work.
> I will have to try and find my way in the Marshal.dump code.

If AR means ActiveRecord then you may run into the situation that
those objects store state related to the current connection or
transaction which cannot be properly serialized and deserialized.  It
may be necessary to copy the object tree or unlink them from the
database (no AR expert here, but others may explain better).

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/