I have a script which dumps a logfile into its local directory. This has
been working fine, but recently I've moved all the files into another
directory and used a shortcut to run it.

My shortcut is on the desktop on the "C" drive, and the files are in a
subfolder on "D". The odd thing is that the logfile doesn't go to either
of these places, it goes to the root of D:\

I assume that this is due to the way the windows command prompt won't go
across drives without first going to the root of the new drive.

Is this a bug? Is there some easy way to make this more portable without
having the working directory be the root?

Thanks for your time.