Nokan Emiro <uzleepito / gmail.com> wrote:

> Could anybody please tell me how can I generate a public key from
> a private one with OpenSSL (or any other lib/gem) in Ruby?

I haven't looked into how to do this in Ruby, but at least with the
command-line stuff from OpenSSL it seems to be trivial.  (That's quite
contrary to my initial assumptions.  I was all set to tell you "no,
the whole point is that you can't derive one from the other", and was
fact-checking.  Apparently asymmetrical crypto is even more
asymmetrical than I thought!)  Check out the answers to this question
on SO:

 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/696472/given-a-private-key-is-it-possible-to-derive-its-public-key

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer