Subject: OpenSSL ECDSA public key from private
	Date: Sun 28 Oct 12 03:28:36AM +0900

Quoting Nokan Emiro (uzleepito / gmail.com):

> Setting the private_key works fine, but I need to calculate the public_key
> too.
> I'm sure there's a way to ask the key object to calculate the corresponding
> public key, I just don't know how.

I have never done this myself before , but I was curious, and gave it
a look.

Your OpenSSL::PKey::EC instance has a method called
#generate_key. After I run

key.generate_key

I find that key.private_key is populated with an instance of
OpenSSL::BN, and key.public_key is populated with an instance of
OpenSSL::PKey::EC::Point.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Carlo