> i'm new to ruby, unix, apache, and cgi, so i feel like i'm wrestling a
> four headed dragon, well more like wrestling a three headed dragon and
> patting a friendly goat.
> i keep getting:
> Premature end of script headers:
> /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/cgiTrial2.cgi
> in my apache error log.
> im running os x with Marc Liyanage's distro, freshly installed.
> i don't think it's not a permissions problem, the file is chmod 755'd.
> my file is called cgiTrial2.cgi and contains:
>
> #!/usr/local/bin ruby             <<  i think this is right?
>
> print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n"
> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
>
> this is saved as an asci file w/ unix breaks.
> any ideas?

Few things:

1) Do you have access to your error logs?
2) Are you running mod_ruby?
3) Remove the 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK' from your script, that's taken care of
   by apache.
4) Try the following:

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby

print "Content-Type: text/plain\r\n\r\n"
puts  "Hello World"

5) Any chance you could install/use mod_ruby?  :~)  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden