Roger Pack wrote in post #1079580:
>> This is purely an educated guess... it possibly matters whether you have a
>> SHELL environment variable set. If you do and it's set to bash or sh or csh,
>> I think that this will work correctly. If it's not set, you'll get the
>> Windows shell: cmd.exe - I don't think that it will grok &&.
>
> Yes, I was surprised to learn that, at least with windows OS's I've
> tried, cmd.exe *does* understand &&.  I'll be honest it surprised me

Indeed, cmd.exe sometimes surprises us in a good way

C:\mruby-git>cd build && cmake -G Ninja .. && ninja all test
-- Build type not set, defaulting to 'RelWithDebInfo'
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja -- works
Total: 481
   OK: 481
   KO: 0
Crash: 0