Sam Duncan wrote in post #1079016:
> On 10/09/2012 09:35 AM, Joz Private wrote:
>>        then true
>>
>>      end
>> amount_of_deposits, amount_of_loans
>>      else
>> class Bankrupter
>>    MN = Developer.new("MN", 3000000, "100000, 300000", "BOI,RSB", false)
>>    bank_object_array = [ AIB, Anglo, BOI, RBS, Ulster ]
>>          end
>>      else puts("#{dev.name} is not bankrupt.")
>>      end
>>    end
>>
>> end
>>
> Well for a start, Bank#moves_loans method takes an 'amount' argument
> which you don't appear to be passing. I wouldn't be assigning your bank
> and developer instances to constants either (variable names starting
> with upper case letters are implicitly constants in Ruby). Also, the
> constructor for the Bank object takes 3 values, however you are passing
> them 5?

My bad, I just copied the code wrong .... assuming I have all that fixed

I've stumbled on this:

The move_loans method works if I use this code below as I get the
output:

def move_loans
     puts(amount_of_loans - amount)
end

But if I replace the body with what I really want, it throws the error:

def moves_loans
     amount_of_loans = amount_of_loans - amount
end

It seems to be THAT body right there that's throwing the error...what's
going on??!!