Hi...I am pretty new to activer record.

Struggling with formulating a simple join. I am pretty new to
activerecord and ruby.I have a database with tables 'bugs' and
'longdesc'. Here are my classes:

class Bug < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :longdescs
end
class Longdesc < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :bugs
end
I am trying to formulate a simple query joining these two tables but am
having no luck. I can get a query without joining to work fine. For
example, the following works perfectly:

bugs = Bug.select("bug_id,bug_status,short_desc").where(:bug_id => ARGV)

Now I want to join this with the longdescs table which has column
'thetext' and has bugs.bug_id as the foreign key. Here is the plain ole
sql:

select B.bug_id, B.bug_status, B.short_desc, L.thetext
from bugs B, longdesc L
where B.bug_id in (300,301)
and B.bug_id = L.bug_id