On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 11:12:03PM +0900, Jam Bees wrote:
> On 4 Oct 2012, at 02:06, ajay paswan <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> > Jam Bees wrote in post #1078558:
> >>
> >> Developer docs are probably best written as rdoc inside the code. Check
> >> the standard library docs for array for a solid example.
> >
> > Do I need anything apart from RDoc?
>
> Only if you want something different.

Learning the basics of creating gems is a good idea when creating Ruby
applications, in part because in combination with RDoc your gem
specification+rakefile provides the necessary configuration to have the
Ruby gems toolset to automatically set up RDoc for access by way of both
command line ri and local browser interface.

> > Anything like Rdoc for writing user_doc?
>
> I don't know.

At minimum, I tend to provide --help output using OptParse, with
extensive syntax and usage documentation.  Depending on the specific
application, a manpage might be a good idea; there are some Ruby gems
that are helpful for generating manpages (and other documentation
formats) from simple text formats (including RDoc).  If you want some
kind of user documentation embedded within a captive interface
application, you might have to roll your own help documentation tools,
depending on your specific desires.