Bartosz Dziewoski wrote in post #1077768:
> 2012/9/26 Gary Weaver <lists / ruby-forum.com>:
>> The context was attribute names which primarily were < 23 characters I>> guess, so didn't benefit from that optimization. I think they merged
>> Jeremy Evans's patch in after much discussion:
>> https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/7631
>
> Oh wow. This is off-topic, but I've just gotta say that apparently
> most people coding up Rails hardly know Ruby (or maybe they just code
> and comment while intoxicated). It's like nobody except for Jeremy and
> that wlipa guy know what they are talking about, even after being
> presented a good rationale for this change. Man.
>

> -- Matma Rex

Sorry, but don't count me in group that is coding up Rails. :) Not saying that you aren't right, but I think there are a number of people that post to the core list that aren't on the core team. From what I read the purpose of the core list is for people to post concerns, bugs, new features, news, etc. about Rails or "how does X work in Rails?" and the "how do I do X in Rails" goes to the Rails user list, vs. the typical "*-dev" list. Ok, I'm defending them now- feel free to go off on them. :) Apparently are some smart guys there though, so don't let them get confused with the others. Thanks a ton for your help with helping me understand this, though. Ruby is cooler every day, and I need all the help I can get!