2012/9/26 Gary Weaver <lists / ruby-forum.com>:
> The context was attribute names which primarily were < 23 characters I
> guess, so didn't benefit from that optimization. I think they merged
> Jeremy Evans's patch in after much discussion:
> https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/7631

Oh wow. This is off-topic, but I've just gotta say that apparently
most people coding up Rails hardly know Ruby (or maybe they just code
and comment while intoxicated). It's like nobody except for Jeremy and
that wlipa guy know what they are talking about, even after being
presented a good rationale for this change. Man.

-- Matma Rex