Roelof Wobben wrote in post #1077587:
> I'm just beginning with ruby and in this moments I miss a IDE where I
> can do everything step by step so I can see what went wrong.

Well, I wouldn't rely too much on the IDE. The danger of this is that it
leads to a kind of "trial and error" programming: You just write
something down and then use the debugger to make actual working code out
of it.

That's not how it should be, especially when you've just started. The
code reflects your thoughts, so it should at least be logical in itself.
Sure, we all make mistakes, so there will always be typos, syntax errors
etc. But when your code is logical incorrect, it shows that you've not
really thought this through (or maybe didn't even understand the parts
you've copied and pasted).

This is no critique or something, just a suggestion. In school exams, we
actually have to write down our code on a piece of paper. This way we
focus on clear thoughts, not so much on getting the code running
somehow.

> Now refractor the if then 's and I hope I can decline it to less then 5
> if then's.

I don't understand the logic, so I can't help you with that. But you
should structure the cases with nested "if"s.