Hey guys, I'm new to the list. I'm a Student Rubyist/Unix Hacker out of
Joplin, MO.

I'm looking into starting a Class/Podcast on Ruby because of some of the
interest I've generated in the language. I've been asked if I could show
various sets of people (approx 15) how to program in Ruby, so instead of
individually teaching each one I've decided to host a class of sorts. Some
of those interested have experience in .NET and Java, while others haven't
ever touched programming. Does anyone have any materials that they've used
to teach, or courses I can use to build off of?

I already have a decent idea of the structure, I just want to take a look
at some of what's been done before by members on this list to refine the
course. I'm a Senior CS major, so I still have  access to some conference
rooms which I'd try and use.

I'd also be looking at having some more senior folks perhaps chime in on
later tutorials, perhaps do a few tech reviews on some of the materials.

Basically I just want another couple sets of experienced eyes to make sure
I've done everything right. I'm confident in my skills, but humans are
still prone to error. I would rather not make a mistake that goes unchecked
and leads a few neophytes off the proverbial cliff. Since this material
will be a podcast and posted online, it's my hope that it helps other
newcomers get a solid footing in Ruby.

I'll post some links to materials and the actual podcasts once I start
rolling on this one.

Thanks for your time in reading,

Brandon Weaver