> Many methods in Ruby which deal with external resources
> (File.open/Socket.open anyone?) have both a block form (that cleans
> itself
> up automatically) and a non-block form that requires manual cleanup
> (e.g.
> close your file descriptors, although the GC will *eventually* do it for
> you if you can't be bothered to do that)
>
> This is no different.

It also closes file descriptors "at_exit" for you, which is what I
expected here.

Really what I'd expect here is for it to remove the directory "if empty"
at exit, but maybe that is too hard in windows, which disallows removing
non-empty directories? A pity if that's why the inconsistency was
introduced.