"I see "Learn Python the Hard way" & "Learn Ruby the Hard way" side by
side,
and the two languages are alomst silimar."

Unless I am mistaken, the author of those sites hates Ruby.

As for your question, you must decide on your own.

I can tell you that I had to make the same decision 7 years ago.

I picked ruby because of these reasons:

- matz. He convinced me with an interview from ~back then. matz = very
clever person

- Philosophy. Ruby is like beautiful poetry. I have not seen this before
in a programming language. Sure, you can write ugly code, but you can
also write very beautiful code. I look at my code and when I understand
it without having to THINK about it, then I know it is "right".

If I have to think about it, it is wrong (this is a reason why I avoid
"meta-programming". Meta-programming leads me to HAVE to think, which is
BAD. I don't want to think at all, code should work in such a way as I
NEVER have to think about it after it is written and "fits in".)