"Some people prefer python more, but it kinda comes down to personal
preference, as they just like the python-way better."

Python seems a good choice.

I myself decided to use Ruby because of matz and the philosophies.

I try to find beauty in my code.

I left PHP because it was horribly inconsistent. There was nothing
beautiful about it.

"What are your thoughts on Ruby?"

Ruby is a very good language. I say about 80-90% perfection.

For my taste, it is a bit too complex, and some things like module vs.
class distinction don't make that much sense to me.

But I am ok with those drawbacks.

The speed to python is comparable.

If you however feel that ruby is too slow, the same applies for python
and perl. So then, use C. Not a scripting language if speed bites your
butt.

"Have you been using it in some bigger projects?"

Yes. In big projects, other problems come up.

For instance, documentation. I dont like rdoc at all.

Also some ruby projects tend to become complicated, like rails.

I try to make everything as simple as possible, whenever possible.