I think the question is a reasonable one. Who is to "blame" in a case
like this? The psych people? The YAML people, who have so forcibly
replaced syck with psych and made this horrible warning notice appear in
1.9.3 if you didn't build psych into Ruby? The Ruby people, who have
accepted that situation and allowed it to be built into the core? I
don't think the answer is obvious. m.

PS Don't be a ninny. Assume that your interlocutor has a brain. Give me
the same benefit of the doubt that I give you.