On 13 September 2012 23:43, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:

> Your #succ method does not overflow.  I would make the class immutable
> since that has some advantages.

Actually my #succ did overflow, because the constructor used the
#minutes= method which, with the exception of a modulus error pointed
out earlier, overflowed into @hours.  I agree, though, that making it
immutable would be easier.  However this is all moot since it turns
out it's a question of overlapping time ranges, which can be solved in
more interesting ways.

Jermaine: have you considered other options, such as decreasing the
granularity (e.g. using 10- or 15-minute blocks instead of 1-minute)?
Or combining the available and unavailable ranges without ever
discretising them?

My intuitive approach would be the latter.  If I wasn't about to get
my kids up and ready for school I'd probably hash out another
almost-correct algorithmic outline right now.

Cheers