Jeremy Henty wrote:

> Your application is sending events to Gtk, but not allowing it to act
> on them.  You need to return control to Gtk so that it can do
> something about the events.  A simple fix to your code is ...

I figured something was going on like that, but don't know enough about how
gtk is supposed to work.

> Although IMHO a better way would be to schedule a timeout.  See
> Gtk.timeout_add.  I feel that is nicer because then your application
> does not have to explicitly return control to Gtk and sleep: the Gtk
> timeout mechanism does that for you.

Your fix worked fine, but I think you're right about the Gtk.timeout_add.
I've been trying to use that, but I keep freezing my whole X session and
have to kill it. There aren't any examples with Ruby on the Ruby/GTK site,
and the gtk.org site isn't much better. Does anyone know where I can find
some examples using Gtk.timeout_add?

Thanks for helping, Jeremy

Frank