@Jan E.
Well I'm basically experimenting with a very simple sort of a
availability time checker.

So let's say user A sets its availability from 08:00 - 12:00
Where I'm storing this in the database as: 800..1200 for that user.

It's also possible that he is busy at a certain time, say: 10:00 - 1200
I also store this 'busy time' as: 1000..1200

Now I can get a list of availability hours like so
user_available = (800..1200).to_a
user_busy = (1000..1200).to_a

user_still_available = user_available - user_busy
#=> [800, 801,802.......859, 900]

Other suggestions, better solutions or ideas to go about this are more
then welcome!