Sung Pae wrote in post #1075726:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:46:23PM +0900, 7stud -- wrote:
>
>> Just forget inject() even exists. It's really quite a pathetic method.
>
> inject is just reduce/foldl from other languages. It is just sugar for
> building an accumulator in a foreach loop, but it has a long history.

It's also a baby step towards "functional programming" - realising that
you don't actually need mutable variables to do useful computation,
which in turn frees you from certain kinds of programming logic errors.

I really like how Ruby lets you do things like this on a small scale,
without having to go full-out functional.