On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:47:34PM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> Brian Wisti <brian / www.coolnamehere.com> writes:
>
> > I tried $stderr.flush() with no change.  This is a bit frustrating!  Do
> > I need to look into recompiling either Ruby (using 1.7.2 on Linux) or
> > Apache (1.3.20)?
>
>   $stderr.puts "Wombat"
>
> added 'Wombat' to my Apache's error log. (1.3.22 with Ruby 1.6.7 on
> this particular box)

I just tried the same in a test file.  No luck.  Out of curiosity, I
tried a perl equivalent.  Guess what?  No luck there, either.  It's
an apache config thing, apparently.

"Confessional debugging" ... swear by it or swear at it, just so long
as swearing is involved.

Thanks for being the sounding board,
Brian