On 2002.05.09, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it uses From: line.  Probably we need to change the list
> server.  Mailman?  Or our own server in Ruby?

I was really shocked to hear that the mailing list wasn't implemented
in Ruby.  :-)

One side of the coin says, "There's plenty of free mailing list
software out there, a few are even good :-), why write another one?"

The other side says, "It'd be so trivially simple to whip something
very functional up in Ruby and something useful might come from it
that can be extracted into another library for others to use in
the future ..."

-- Dossy