On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:54 PM, masta Blasta <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> theadventmaster wrote in post #1071970:
>> I generally use a top-down approach, where new methods are added
>> immediately beneath the method that first requires it.  This is most
>> convenient and can be thought of as a type of logical ordering.

Thinking about this again: wouldn't it be better to place it below the
_last_ method which requires it?  That way one would get topological
sorting and you know that methods called from a method are placed
further down the file which is not the case with your rule.

>> If I was trying to be productive, I definitely would not order methods
>> alphabetically, especially if the class was large.  I'm trying write
>> code,
>> not rearrange my filing cabinet...

> Alphabetical ordering does makes sense. Since most text editors include
> some kind of "fold function" feature, you can fold everything and just
> see the method names. If they're alphabetical it is very easy to browse
> through them.

In modern text editors searching is usually quite fast...

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/