> I have been pondering why you posted any response at all to my
> 'solution.'  I did preface it by saying I had been a pogrammer in the
> 80s.  At that point in Chris Pine's tutorial next to nothing has been
> covered about object oriented programming or 'the Ruby way.' Your post
> was not helpful, and mostly denigrating. Just saying. Learning the Ruby
> way is the reason for doing these little tutorials.
>
> The purpose of my response was to show a solution that worked, but maybe
> I was wrong to even think I could participate in this forum since I
> don't quite understand 'The Ruby Way' yet.

nonsense!!
Ruby or not the point was to get it done.
ruby does give you another way\level to work stuff out but it depends on
the program\er goals.

it reminds me a thing i head about python "The Zen of Python".
I have heard a podcast explaining each one of these zen of python and
the reason for each one of them from a guy that worked with Tim Peters
that wrote "The Zen of Python".

it was indeed nice to hear a sentence like:
"Beautiful is better than ugly"

And these guys compared "Beautiful Lady" to "Ugly Lady" and that most of
the time the Beautiful one will cheat on you while the ugly be loyal..

this is really nice to say when you do hold all the cards in the palm of
your hands.
you can get and hold the Beautiful one or to choose the other one.

I think it's a naive way to look at life and into programming.

the only way for code to be "Beautiful" is that there is someone over
there that can understand why you define Object Oriented as Beautiful.

there is no "Ruby" or "java" or "assembly" way of doing things!!

the real sentence to describe "the ruby way" or "the java way" is that
the programmer knows: the goals the interface and the pure implementation.

after you do know these you can sort the conflict between the interface
and the actual implementation.

if you will take a bunch of cobol programmers and will give them ruby
interface you will see that most of their approach will be similar to
"the coobol interface".
same goes with c assembly and all the others.

if you have background you will have habits like any spoken language.
this is how the human brain mostly works.

So please this nice guy that has "the ruby way.." did you heard about
web servers? p2p networks?podcasts?

I will be more then happy to hear about this "ruby way" (really not joking)
and no i dont want to read a bunch of books codes and blogs.
I just want to hear 1 hour of this nice guy that invented Ruby to talk
about "the ruby way" of doing things.

Thanks :D