I want to write some basic cisco like Cli.
have seen "highline" which is very nice but i want some auto-completion
and data validation on auto-completion.
i dont want a command line arguments .. but like irb.
i have couple types of data such as IP addresses commands subcommands
and options in the command.
i have seen highlight and irb/completion.rb.
i'm sure someone wrote some nice library just for this kind of stuff.
most of the examples that i have seen are nice but dont give me what i
really need.

i know that it's suppose to be an endless loop,
a "tab tab" should auto complete,
a "?" should show details on the options\current option.

i took some basics from http://code.google.com/p/mf-firewall/
but they lack of data validation and interaction on the fly.

if anyone have a nice idea i will be happy to hear.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru