On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM, John Lee <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a WIndows user. I used the "one-click installer" and installed
> ruby 1.86. I followed the book's instructions to run RubyGem. I tried
> typing commands like
>
> -require 'C:/ruby/bin/gem'(this is the path where the gem is stored)
> -gem list
>
> Nothing worked. Please help.
>
> John

The "require" statement is supposed to be used from inside a Ruby
program, not from the command line. If your Ruby and Rubygems
installations are properly configured, you should not need to specify
the full path yo tour gems inside your Ruby programs.

As for "gem list", it is indeed supposed to be used from your command
prompt. It will list all gems installed on your system. If it doesn't
work, odds are Ruby and Rubygems haven't been properly installed.

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.tumblr.com