I've done quite some reprogramming according to the advises above and I
need help yet again.

1. I haven't uploaded the new files yet as google docs isn't really the
best solution for this. Which brings me to a sub-question: What
repository is best (I mean most user friendly for a beginner). I am
using Bazaar offline and I've had some difficulties using the Launchpad.

2. Launchpad requires me to state the license. If I have a project like
this (consisting of several files), where do I state the license and is
this entirely up to me as the author?

3. And for the big one:

I am using a hash with beast names and types:
possible_cards = {"derimor" => "dragon", "barador" => "dragon",
 "teragon" => "dragon", "gali" => "dragon", etc.....

I also get the user input for the number of each type:

  ## Select the number of dragons
def select_number_of_dragons()
puts "Select the number of dragons (max. 5)"
@dragons_qty = gets.chomp.to_i
  if @dragons_qty < 1 or @dragons_qty > 5
    puts "The number of dragons is invalid. Enter a number between 1 and
5."
    return select_number_of_dragons()
  end
  return @dragons_qty

Now I would like to have as many beasts/spells from the hash generated
as user specified. If dragon_qty is 4 then the first (or maybe also
random) 4 dragons from the hash are to be generated.

I've tried the iterating with loop "for i in 0..dragon_qty" but that
actually multiplies each dragon by dragon_qty:(

thank you.

kind regards,
seba