On 7/12/2012 9:59 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer / ngtech.co.il> wrote:
>
>> "make a designing session to come up with an architecture" ? with who? i'm
>> by self on it.
>
> Well, I did not necessarily mean that you need to do it with another
> person (although that usually helps).
>
>> it is not much of a "business" for me.
>
> Well, even if it's hobby, there are "business requirements", i.e.
> those that are related to the task to solve (as opposed to, e.g.,
> technical requirements like operating system).
>
>> i need someone to work on it with.
>
> Well, maybe you make it an open source project and ask for collaborators.
>
>> as i was testing my server it seems like 4 workers can work under a load of
>> more then concurrent 25000 requests and about 4000 requests per second on a
>> dumb intel atom with 2GB ram.
>
> That sounds pretty good already.
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert

well it is an open-source project at: https://github.com/elico/echelon
i did some upgrades to the code that i didn't committed yet and i'm
having some problem understanding how to work on something with
eventmachine.

i will try to put together a list of things such as requirements.

as for now i am looking for a more experienced programmer that have used
EventMachine and can give me a hint or two.

and about the disk access you mentioned in the other mail.
it is not possible by the sense of 100% = disk access.
but i was talking about a cache it over disk hit.
if say a disk hit = 19 requests the 19 is the 100% disk access.
so in my case if i get 950 requests that was suppose to have disk access
and only 19 had disk access i have more then 100% cache hit ratio.
to be exact i had about 10,800 queries and from them only 2,008 was
served from disk.
so it's a cache hit ratio of 80%,
so 100% disk access is 2,000 and 400% is compared to 100% disk access.

i will post another mail about my eventmachine struggle.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru