On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer / ngtech.co.il> wr=
ote:
> On 7/11/2012 9:40 AM, Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer / ngtech.co.il>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> about the RDBMS or a DB is more for persistent storage and interface
>>> integration later.
>>> and also the lists i have are now 1 Million rows long only for one
>>> category.
>>> i intend to make it efficient and to use some DB to add new sites into
>>> the
>>> to be checked\categorized list.
>>

>> If you are not really using the relational part of a RDBMS, and you
>> only need some kind of persistence for "data structures", I would
>> recommend taking a look at Redis . It's a very fast storage engine
>> with first level support for lists, sets, hashes, etc: http://redis.io
>>
>> Jesus.
>>
> does it support indexing?reverse indexing?

It's basically a key - value data store, in which the value can be a
data structure: string, list, hash, set, sorted set, with first level
support for atomic operations on those values: add to a set, get the
highest score value in a sorted set, etc.
So, no, it doesn't support indexing as you would think about indexes
in a relational database. But if your data structures fit one of the
supported types, your life is made a lot easier out of the box.

Jesus.