hey all!

I have limited experience in ruby programming and have come across a
problem which I am having troubles solving.

database << "MD5 " + MD5 + "PATH: " + @@PATH["#{VAR}"]

I have a ruby hash(@@PATH) where each element consists of a string MD5
as the key, and the physical path of the MD5 as the value.

In the above code I aspire to retrieve the value(the MD5 path) by using
a variable(VAR) which holds the md5 value. The reason why I cant
directly call the value using a string is because the above code
iterates through a loop where VAR changes.

Basically what I am trying to achieve is a database showing a file MD5
with matching physical path.

Therefore i ask is it even possible to call a ruby hash element through
a variable?

Regards
Petter