Yes, that would be ok, but that means that the player has to create all
beasts themselves. I would like to have the beasts and later also some
spells generated randomly and have them available for player to choose
which ones they will use.

Like so:

1. generate 10 beasts
2. generate 10 spells

have these available in either arrays of hashes and then decide each
turn which one to use.

Something like this.

Just now I've tried this:

from line 33 onwards:
---------------------------
prompt
beast = gets.chomp

    if beast == "1"
      select = derimor
    elsif beast == "2"
      select = barador
    end

while player_hp > 0 and ai_hp > 0
.
.
.
.

However, this gets messy if there are a lot of beasts and spells.

regards,
seba