Hi,

My first post here ;)

I'm generating documentation for an app using rake doc:app, which is
generating html as advertised. Came across gem 'annotate' which is
adding useful schema info to the model classes as advertised - either at
the top of bottom of each file. _The generated comment block is
terminated with a blank line_.

Now I want to prepend (or append to) the generated comment block with my
own - and have the combined block appear at the top of the generated
html:

# == Schema Information
#
# Table name: roles
#
#  roleid  :integer(4)      not null, primary key
#  role    :string(30)      default(""), not null
#  acronym :string(255)

# == My Overview
#
# This is my comment describing what the class does.
class myRubyModelClass < ActiveRecord::Base

Due to the blank line, the first comment block is ignored & not shown in
the generated html.

How can I overcome this? I've tried :section: :startdoc: :doc: commands
in the first comment block - no luck.

I've looked at monkey patching the annotate plugin - but surely there is
a better way? Can I not mark a section in one part of the file for
inclusion
in, say, the class comment?

Grateful for any hints,
Fred