1.9.2p290 :011 > class Fixnum
1.9.2p290 :012?>   def add_argument(arg)
1.9.2p290 :013?>     return self+arg
1.9.2p290 :014?>     end
1.9.2p290 :015?>   end
 => nil
1.9.2p290 :016 > 5.add_argument(10)
 => 15

What you do is add the method you want to Fixnum(which is the 1.class
class), ruby have open classes so you can add methods on the fly for it.

Now create the method, using the example for 5.add_argument(10), 5 is self,
10 is arg. So to "get the number before the point" use self.

In order to chain methods(in case you want to do
5.add_argument(10).drink_coke.have_fun, return self.