On 7/6/2012 11:01 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
> Eliezer Croitoru wrote in post #1067585:
>> i have seen this:
>> https://github.com/mpage/netlink
>
> Ah, that's not the one I wrote, which included high-level functions for
> manipulating the interface and routing tables.
>
>> but as i have no knowledge about netlink i have no way to know a thing
>> about it.
>> i will read some more but if you can say something about it i will be
>> happy to hear.
>
> Sorry, you'll need to read the links I gave before (including the 'ip'
> source code), to build the appropriate message structures. For example,
> adding a new route is message code RTM_NEWROUTE with flags
> NLM_F_CREATE|NLM_F_EXCL
>
> It will probably be easier to spawn out to the 'ip' command for now. If
> you want to mark the route as coming from BGP, then look at the
> 'protocol' option and /etc/iproute2/rt_protos

well i will see what is going on..
i dont want to use the ip command because it will then not be my
"daemon" but using "ip" command.

for couple tasks it will be fine to use ip but as for higher levels it
wont be good.

probably i will read it somewhere in the near future.

Thanks

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il